Pesach was really nice, thank Gd, but there was never enough time to post any recipes! My mother in law was flying in the kitchen from one dish to the next, and I could not take notes fast enough! So now that everything has calmed down, I hope to catch up and jot down some of the pesachdik recipes!
This apple sauce recipe is quite easy and appreciated by all. After a 3 course yom tov meal, this light and sweet dish was the perfect thing. My baby cried because I was not feeding it to him fast enough!!
Yields: 6 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
8-10 apples, peeled and cored
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon vanilla sugar
1. Dice the apples into small chunks (see pic )
2. Put 1 inch of water into a large pot. Add the apple chunks, sugar, and cinnamon.
3. Cover the pot and bring the water to a boil and then lower the flame to low.
4. Cook for an hour or until apples are soft enough to be mashed with a fork or masher. The apples should be mushy.
5. Mash apples. It’s okay if there are a couple of apple chunks here or there. It gives it a nice consistency.