Thursday, May 14, 2015

Streusel Challah



There is something magical about biting into a piece of sweet, warm, challah on a Friday night, especially if it has sugary crumbs on top!

I was first introduced to this recipe at my friend’s Sarah’s house. I have not eaten it in over a year, and randomly my husband and I were reminiscing about Sarah’s delicious streusel challah! And so I did a quick internet search and found a streusel recipe that received great reviews and did not use margarine. Here is the link to the site: http://cantstopbaking.blogspot.co.il/2010/08/sweet-challah.html


I hope this recipe enhances your challah eating experience!!
Have a good Shabbos.

Streusel Recipe:
1 ½ cup flour
1 ¼ cup sugar
6 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar

Mix together. Mixture will turn into crumbs. First lightly sprinkle the crumbs on the cookie sheet to add sweetness to your crust, and then sprinkle some on top of your egg washed challos. I had plenty extra, so I just stuck it in the freezer for the next time around! 

4 comments: